Sunday, March 16, 2008

Renovation Day 1

I was going to blog last night, but it was quite late when we got home and my brain was too tired to come up with things to say. It did indeed rain for most of the day, but it was really only an annoyance; we got quite a bit of work done.

I'm sure the neighbors were surprised to see six vehicles parked in front of a house that hasn't been inhabited for three years. All members of our immediate families were there in their entirety (minus Evan, my brother) working at some point during the day. Jessica and her dad, Wayne, worked on putting in our new doors and locks, and I started demolition of the tub surround. It's almost time for us to leave for church, so for now I'll let the pictures do the talking. A few of the pictures are shown below. The rest can be seen here.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go guys!! I will be a lot of work but you will love it in the end. Will and I did a lot on oour house when we bought it (all new flooring, painted cabnits, made an opening/door in the wall between the living room and playroom, painted EVERY wall, floor board, trim, etc,) We had exactly two weeks so it was a hectic time. But we had help from friends and family. Hang in there. I will be thinking of you. I hope Jessica feels better.
Jill Evans

Anonymous said...

I thought about you guys all day yesterday and prayed for lots to be accomplished. I always like to be in the middle of whatever's going on in the family, so it was really hard to know you were having so much "fun" and I was not there with you! :-) Your blog really helps to keep us connected to adventure. Hopefully, we'll get in on some of the work/fun as time goes along. Praying that the closing really does happen for you tomorrow.
Aunt Debbie

Nathan said...

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. We did get a lot done yesterday, and we feel good about how quickly things seem to be getting done. And if closing does happen tomorrow with no problems, it will be the perfect end to a great beginning.

Jill, Jessica is indeed feeling better; I'll tell her she should write another blog entry with an update on her demeanor. ;-)

Jess said...

You mean, you didn't want to keep that lovely seafoam green and black tile?!?!? Wow! There is something very satisfying about making a home your own and putting blood, sweat, and tears into it. I put a lot of work into my first house. Now I am on my third house and have a long list of projects I want to get to at some point. Remember...it is a process!