Thursday, March 20, 2008

More Progress

Mom-Mom and Papa did come down this morning, but they decided not to bring their RV down. Mom also came by later. The ladies continued painting cabinets, while Papa and I did assorted other tasks. We worked on the front door latch/lock; finished cutting the tub surround wall in preparation for tile backerboard; took down most of the kitchen cabinets in preparation for patching the "hole" where the soffit was; and various other small chores.

I spoke with our realtor and our bank guy today, and they tell me that everything is in place for closing. The title company has finally worked everything out, and we are meeting at 10:00 tomorrow morning to close on the house. It will be such a relief to have it taken care of and be able to focus purely on getting work done. After the closing I think we're going to celebrate by buying a new bathtub and maybe a sink.

I've uploaded a few pictures from today. All the house pictures can be found on the same picture site, and I've provided the link to this site in a few previous blog posts, but now I've also added a permanent link in the margin on the right side of the page. You can use that link to check the pictures page at any time.

No comments: