The shingles were finished on Thursday, but the chimney still had a tarp over it, indicating they weren't done with the flashing. When we got home on Friday, the tarp was gone, and the (surprise!) copper flashing was done. We hadn't expected them to use copper, and they didn't ask, but after we got over the initial shock we decided we liked it. It looks very interesting and seems to suit the house and the shingles. Have a look:
Overall, we're very pleased with the new roof. The shingles don't quite have the color variation that Jessica had wanted (and the low slope of the roof makes it especially hard to see any variation), but it still looks great and we're glad we were able to get it done this soon.